Things to do in 10-15 minutes
Many of us know we should take breaks throughout the day, but we often don’t. We may find it difficult because of work or caring for others. Even 10-15 minutes is enough to reduce stress. Let’s commit to taking 10-15 minutes today to do something for ourselves. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Get outside. Take a nature walk or city hike. Remember to wear a mask and stay 6 feet from others.
- Take a dance break!
- Write three things you are grateful for today.
- Giving back to others can help you too. Take a look at volunteer opportunities that interest you through a site such as VolunteerMatch.
- Take a break from the news today… watch or listen to something fun.
- Wash your face or rinse your hands in cool water to reduce tension and calm nerves.
- Check in with a friend, family member or neighbor. Talk by phone, video chat or visit in person while maintaining proper distance and wearing masks.
- Close your eyes, take deep breaths, stretch or meditate.
- Laugh! Think of someone who makes you laugh or the last time you laughed so hard you cried.
- Channel your energy into a quick cleaning of your home. Things to do in 10-15 minutes #HowRightNow HowRightNow.org
- Exercise. Lift weights. Do push-ups or sit-ups. Kick around a soccer ball.
- Make and enjoy a cup of tea and relax in a comfortable place.
- Consider a new hobby, such as playing a musical instrument, gardening, trying a new recipe, working on a crossword puzzle or knitting.
- Connect with your faith through prayer or reach out to a member of your faith community.
- If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed with stress, anxiety, sadness or depressed mood, use this time to make an appointment with a counselor.
- Check in with yourself—take time to ask yourself how you are feeling.
- Curl up with a book or magazine in a comfortable place.
- Practice relaxation exercises or yoga.
- Find an inspiring song or quote and write it down (or screenshot it) so you have it nearby.
Explore all of the resources on How Right Now by visiting the Resource Library.
Share on Social!
It can be hard to take a break or slow down during the day, but we know that it can improve how we feel. Share ideas that could help with friends and family: